The Master in Development Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada (MEP FEB UGM) is a two-track professional strata program. The MEP FEB UGM Program was officially established based on the Decree of the Director General of Higher Education (Dikti), Department of Education and Culture (Depdikbud) of the Republic of Indonesia, No. 358/DIKTI/Kep/1995, dated August 16, 1995. Furthermore, based on the Decree of the Rector of UGM No. 292/P/SK/HT/2008 dated June 2, 2008, the MEP FEB UGM Program graduate is awarded an academic title Master of Economics of Development (M.Ec.Dev.). In addition, for the fourth time, the MEP FEB UGM Program has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education. However, it remains with the results and accreditation rating of A (Superior) based on BAN-PT Decree No. 2023/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/M/VI/2019, valid from June 25, 2019 to June 25, 2024.
The MEP FEB UGM Program always tries to instill noble values that are the basis of its activities as an educational institution. In line with this, the vision of the MEP FEB UGM Program is expected to foster commitment and energy as well as provide the best academic standards in contributing to the entire community. The mission and vision of the MEP FEB UGM Program are:
The Vision of the Master in Development Economics Program is:
To become a leading graduate school in Southeast Asia which provides intellectual contribution through learning and research in applied economics for the welfare of the society.
The Missions of the Master in Development Economics Program are:
1. Educate students to become superior and character graduates in applied economics.
2. Perform advance policy research.
3. Organizing community service activities through education and research that is integrated in the field of applied economics for policy welfare.
The Objectives of the Master in Development Economics Program are:
1. To provide excellent postgraduate education in applied economics to produce graduates who are superior, competent, and with character.
2. To organize advanced policy research that excels in evidence-based applied economics to influence Indonesia in a better direction.
3. To organize executive workshops, training, technical assistance, and dialogue so the decision-makers can take evidence-based policies to improve community welfare.
4. To organize fair, transparent, participatory, and accountable governance to achieve efficiency and continuous improvement of human resources.
5. To collaborate in creating a sustainable added value and policy impact.